Experiments Toward Capacity Development and Innovation
Smart & Lean creates innovative solutions for practice-oriented challenges that improve real-life processes and value chains. We apply research and innovation methodologies that are based in data and evidence, are practical and are rooted in Lean and Lean Six Sigma principles.
Based on Continuous Improvement (CI), Lean, Lean Six Sigma and Harada methods, Smart & Lean aims to bring together people with different backgrounds and from a range of disciplines to form teams around a problem or an idea to collaboratively learn, solve problems and develop ideas.
“If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Horizon 2020 – PoliRural
The PoliRural project aims to explore and pilot text mining, innovation hub and system dynamics that make rural areas more attractive living and working environments by supporting political decision-making in 12 pilot areas that includes the Häme area in Finland, covering both Kanta- and Päijät-Häme regions.
Project timeframe; June, 2019 – May, 2022.
Horizon 2020 – CITIES2030
The CITIES2030 vision is to connect short food supply chains to bring together partners representing consumers, strategic/complementary industries, the civil society, promising start-ups and enterprises, innovators and visionary thinkers and leading universities and research across the vast diversity of disciplines addressing CRFS, including food science, social science and big data.
Blue Wings Composting
Blue Wing composting project tests larvae composting and explores possibilities of green industry by combining insect economy and recycling. The Blue Wing Composting project is part of Lahti European Green Capital 2021 and the project is carried out in co-operation with several stakeholders.
Project timeframe: June, 2020 – November, 2020.
Senior Citizen Healthcare Service Quality
The purpose is to create a free and easily-used online learning environment for caseworkers in elderly homes, to increase their proficiency, expertise and customer satisfaction in services
Project timeframe: June, 2019 – December 2021
- DIONE Webinar – Paving the way for advanced and modernized Common Agricultural Policy area-based monitoringThe DIONE project team(funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.870378), invites you to participate in the webinar […]
- Supported by the European Commission (EC) and African Union Commission (AUC), IST-Africa Week 2021 (May) is the sixteenth in an annual series of Ministerial Level […]
- We would like to invite you to present your technology and work in the area of IoT technologies for Agriculture at the next 117 OGC […]
- After more than two months of hacking, the COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon was terminated by a final presentation of results & awards ceremony. The jury members […]
- COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 aiming to develop and share agri-food economy solutions to balance the imperatives of the present with the demands of the future […]
- The young generation of smallholder farmers aren’t aware of indigenous knowledge. Indeed, Africa farmers are mostly experiencing modern agriculture using imported inputs letting expect better […]
- Most people want to start their business just by jumping in and doing «it». If they would dedicate some time to the planning and forming […]