The Open Spring INSPIRE Hackathon 2021, organized by Plan4all association in cooperation with organizations such as WirelessInfo or the Czech Center for Science and Society, will be 18. INSPIRE Hackathon and already the fourth one that will be organized fully virtually with the respect to the current situation. The uniqueness of INSPIRE Hackathons lies in the fact that it is not just a multi-day event, but a comprehensive and long-term process, in which the emphasis is on using the results and knowledge gained from previous INSPIRE Hackathons.
The Open Spring INSPIRE hackathon 2021 will be focused on developments and innovations in agriculture, the environment, transport, tourism, geospatial applications or remote sensing and GNSS.
The COVID 19 INSPIRE Hackathon will be already the 17th hackathon organised by the Plan4All association in cooperation with CCSS and other H2020 projects including SmartAgriHubs. It will be based on the traditional model of the INSPIRE Hackathon, which is not a single event, it’s a process that is designed to efficiently exploit the achieved results of previous hackathons on developing new innovations.
COVID 19 INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 develops and shares agri-food economy solutions to balance the imperatives of the present with the demands of the future. In COVID 19 Hackathon we will address next topics:
- Facilitate access to data and services for an easier digital innovation in the agri-food sectors / 3-4 expected Challenges
- Educating individuals from other sectors for being able to support agri-food businesses in the crisis / 1 expected challenge
- Forecasting of regional food supplies, deviations and/or shortages / 3-4 expected challenges
- Mobilising agricultural workforce for harvesting / 1 – 2 expected challenges
- Regional matching of offer and demand for fresh produce in decentralised settings / 1 expected challenge
add here text
add here text
- Dear Innovation Portal user, Your opinion matters to us! Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions about your experience with the Innovation Portal, and to outline your needs and expectations of it. (https://www.smartagrihubs.eu/login) This survey should take no longer than 10 minutes. Your responses will help us to continue developing a […]
- The GEO Indigenous Summit 2020 7-9 December 2020 Online Join Indigenous leaders from around the world as they discuss Indigenous-led innovation in Earth observations data, science and technology. This will build on the GEO Indigenous hackathon, bringing together Indigenous knowledge and state-of-the-art science and technology, as well as the global GEO community. No registration required! […]
- GODAN is pleased to invite you to the GODAN/AODIRF Digital Forum on the topic of sustainable investment in the agricultural sector in Developing Countries. Thursday 3 December, 2020 13h00 – Coordinated Universal Time Join the meeting here: https://zoom.us/j/93464959428 See HERE for more information. The agriculture and food sector is facing numerous challenges. With an estimated 821 million people suffering […]
- Supported by the European Commission (EC) and African Union Commission (AUC), IST-Africa Week 2021 (May) is the sixteenth in an annual series of Ministerial Level Technology Research and Innovation Conferences. IST-Africa provides a platform in Africa to strengthen technology-enabled Innovation, Science and Technology and Entrepreneurship related policy dialogues within Africa and between Africa and Europe, […]
- 2nd Place goes to Challenge #8 Digitalization of indigenous knowledge in African agriculture for fostering food securityAfter more than two months of hacking, the COVID-19 INSPIRE Hackathon was terminated by a final presentation of results & awards ceremony. The jury members Jovana Vlaskalin (BioSense Institute), Beata Vörösová (CzechInvest), Maris Albers (University of Latvia) and Josef Hnojil (Geobusiness) announced the following winners for the COVID-19 INSPIRE hackathon: 1st place – Challenge #13 Calculation of agro-climatic […]
- Did you miss Open Spring INSPIRE Kick-off webinar, where all 11 challenges were introduced by their mentors in the form of 5-minute pitch? Do not hesitate to watch the webinar replay and register for the challenges! ***The registration for the … Continue reading →
- The Open Spring INSPIRE Hackathon starts right now! The registration for the challenges is open! Check the table below, choose the challenge and register for the hackathon HERE. Do not forget, that on 6th April at 2:30 PM CEST there … Continue reading →
- Smart Points of Interest (SPOI) is a project and a database of semantic data about points of interest with a world-wide coverage. At present, SPOI is a global database with 30 million points of interest from 201 countries including many … Continue reading →
- The challenge will focus on the Belgian city Brugge, as they belong to one of the H2020 DUET project to expand its Pilot areas – Flanders (the other two are Athens and Pilsen). The goal of this challenge is to … Continue reading →
- Let’s make Slovak agriculture smarter, sustainable and competitive. The aim of the challenge is to build a Slovak Agricultural Innovation Hub. This activity will have several basic dimensions: social – to build a community around the Slovak innovation hub information … Continue reading →